Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

71-80 results from 1000 for query «sale»

September 24, 2018 10:34 AM EU regulators to decide by October 26 on Sony's $2.3 billion bid for EMI

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Sony Corp (6758.T) will know by Oct. 26 whether EU antitrust regulators will wave through its $2.3 billion offer for control of EMI to become the world’s largest music publisher, according to a filing on the European Commission website on Monday. Sony, which announced the deal in May, sought EU approval for the deal last Friday 87

September 24, 2018 8:56 AM Real Madrid hope €525m Bernabeu renovation gives them 'best stadium in world'

Real Madrid's general assembly voted in favour of putting the club €525 million into debt in order to fund the remodelling of the Santiago Bernabeu. The 92 percent of voters who supported the works -- 1,017 were in favour, 57 were against and 23 abstained -- did so on Sunday based on president Florentino Perez's promise that the new stadium would generate 91

September 23, 2018 8:38 PM Authorities investigating needle found in strawberry in New Zealand as reports of contamination continue

The supermarket chain Countdown, which is owned by Australia’s Woolworths, has withdrawn all Aussie-grown strawberries from sale as a precautionary measure in response. (Queensland Police Service) Authorities in New Zealand are investigating the discovery of a needle in a punnet of strawberries sourced from Australia. The supermarket chain Countdown 99

September 23, 2018 1:56 PM Michelle Obama Officiates Wedding

Michelle Obama is about to launch her stadium tour which should rival any rock band, but she has a much more intimate side hustle ... officiating weddings. The former First Lady did the honors Saturday in Chicago for Stephanie Rivkin and Joel Sircus. The bride's pop is the Deputy Mayor of Chicago and, as you know, Michelle has deep roots in Chi-Town 92

September 21, 2018 4:46 PM Bulgaria reports outbreak of virulent bird flu

SOFIA (Reuters) - An outbreak of a virulent bird flu virus has spread to a farm in southern Bulgaria, the Balkan country’s food safety agency said on Friday. A three-kilometer protection zone was set around the farm in the village of Trilistnik, near Bulgaria’s second-largest city of Plovdiv and the sale of eggs and the movement of domestic, wild and other 88

September 20, 2018 11:42 AM Volkswagen I.D. Buzz Cargo electric van delivers the goods with retro style

The I.D. Buzz Cargo is a commercial panel van version of the automaker’s upcoming Microbus-inspired electric minivan, which is set to go on sale by 2022. The Cargo model may hit the road a year before that, VW says, with a three-passenger front bench seat, a likely range of over 200 miles and the ability to charge to 80 percent in just 15 minutes. There’s 94

September 20, 2018 4:36 AM Gem mint Larry Bird-Magic Johnson rookie card goes for $125,200

A gem mint version of a 1980 Larry Bird-Magic Johnson Topps rookie card had a winning bid of $125,200 on eBay on Wednesday night. If the sale is consummated, it would be one of the highest prices paid for a basketball card. Among the cards that have sold for more: a 1969 Topps Lew Alcindor sold for $501,900 in 2016; a 1948 George Mikan rookie card sold for $403,664 in 2015; and a 2003 autographed 29

September 18, 2018 3:17 AM Software ‘Robots’ Power Surging Values for Three Little-Known Startups

UiPath valued at $3 billion in new funding round, tripling in six months The companies are UiPath Inc., Blue Prism Group PRSM 2.07% PLC and Automation Anywhere Inc. They were all founded in 2005 or earlier, but it wasn’t until the past few years that they took off after hitting on their current business automating simple back-office tasks and dubbing 287

September 17, 2018 10:22 PM Nestlé to Sell Gerber Life Insurance to Western & Southern Financial

Deal allows Western & Southern to market insurance under Gerber Life brand Nestlé announced Monday it has agreed to sell its Gerber Life Insurance Co. unit to Western & Southern Financial Group for $1.55 billion in cash. The Swiss conglomerate announced in February that its board of directors had decided to explore strategic options, including a potential 49

September 17, 2018 2:25 AM Private-Equity Firms TPG and Rockbridge Are Exploring a Sale of Ticketing Company AXS

The firms hold a combined 62% of the company, while AEG holds the remaining 38% Private-equity firms TPG and Rockbridge Growth Equity are exploring strategic options for their stake in ticketing company AXS, including a possible sale, people familiar with the matter said. The firms, which together hold 62% of the company, could seek a sale valuing AXS at $250 million 76