Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 1000 for query «debt»

July 24, 2017 9:28 PM Payless Reorganization Plan Wins Court Approval

Senior lenders will share a 91% equity stake in the company, junior lenders to take remaining 9% stake Payless ShoeSource Inc.’s reorganization plan won court approval on Monday, moving the discount shoe retailer closer to exiting bankruptcy protection. The plan will allow Payless to eliminate 40% of its $838 million in funded debt from its balance sheet 17

July 21, 2017 12:21 AM IMF approves conditional $1.8 billion loan to Greece

The International Monetary Fund's board on Thursday approved a $1.8 billion loan to Greece — but will only release the money if the country gets debt relief from its European creditors. The IMF has praised Greece for taking steps to reduce its budget deficits, including expanding its tax base and cutting spending on pensions. But the lending agency is pressuring 43

July 20, 2017 8:14 PM 5 reasons Tesla's music-streaming service is the best idea Elon Musk has had this year

Tesla has a lot going on now, from the initial rollout of the $35,000 Model 3 mass-market to CEO Elon Musk's apparent plans to support a Hyperloop route between New York and Washington, DC. But the streaming service is particularly notable, mainly because it's so plausible. The service is unnamed, but we're going to suggest "Tesla Tunes" over "Tesla 17

July 20, 2017 4:17 PM IMF Board Set to Approve Greece’s Latest Bailout

Aid puts a debt-stock ceiling for the central government at around €325 billion A new cap on debt in the International Monetary Fund’s latest Greek bailout due to be approved later Thursday keeps pressure on Europe to deliver debt relief and prevents Athens from raising fresh cash in the markets anytime soon. The IMF’s board is set to green light Greece’s 14

July 18, 2017 6:27 PM Sunac’s Debt Load Draws Attention After Wanda Deal

Concerns caused by acquisition lead to 7% drop in Sunac’s share price in Hong Kong BEIJING—Property tycoon Sun Hongbin built a reputation for bailing out indebted companies, but now the debt of his own empire is drawing attention. After Sunac China Holdings Ltd., the luxury builder founded by Mr. Sun, bid $9.28 billion to snatch up hotels and theme parks 19

July 17, 2017 10:43 PM Netflix Stock Soars as Subscribers and Debt Pile Up

When it comes to Netflix, Wall Street always loves larger-than-expected subscriber gains. That explains why the popular streaming service's shares are soaring after Netflix blew away forecasts by adding 5.2 million new subscribers in the most recent quarter. The subscriber bump easily outpaced analysts' estimates of 3.2 million new subscribers, and it was more than triple 23

July 17, 2017 10:12 AM Buffett Could Be Costly Option for Sprint and SoftBank

Gaining the Oracle of Omaha as a Sprint investor is unlikely to be cheap Softbank’s flamboyant founder Masayoshi Son wants to become the Warren Buffett of technology. For now, he would be happy with having the original Buffett as an investor—though that won’t come without costs. Japan’s richest man met the Berkshire Hathaway boss, as well as cable investor 21

July 17, 2017 9:43 AM 5 Billion Reasons Toys ‘R’ Us Struggles as Amazon Soars

Retailer’s debt load, falling sales make it hard to invest enough to compete on digital platforms Toys “R” Us Inc. will get a new website this summer as it struggles to compete online with its cash-rich rivals. The toy retailer, laden with $5 billion in debt, has spent $100 million over the past several years to help boost its online sales. That won’t 24

July 16, 2017 4:52 PM Obamacare repeal bill plunges into new uncertainty

Senate Republicans have no timetable for a vote with John McCain recovering from surgery. But they might not be able to pass a bill even if he was in Washington. Republicans’ long-held plans to repeal Obamacare are again in serious doubt, with no clear timetable for a Senate vote following the surprise news that John McCain will be out as he recovers 26

July 14, 2017 8:15 PM GOP May Tie Debt-Limit Increase to Veterans Bill

Move would piggyback plan to fund veterans’ medical care outside VA facilities to unpopular, but must-pass, legislation to pay country’s bills WASHINGTON—Republicans are considering tying a must-pass increase in the federal debt limit to funding for a program that lets military veterans get medical care outside of Veterans Affairs facilities, people 21