FILE - In this Feb. 7, 2012 file photo, Yemen's then Vice President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi attends an inauguration ceremony for his presidential election campaign, in Sanaa, Yemen. The office of Yemen's internationally recognized president says he will not participate in U.N.-brokered talks later this week with Shiite rebels who control the capital and much of the country's north. The Sunday, Sept. 13, 2015, statement said there would be no talks with the rebels, known as Houthis, unless they accept a U.N. resolution that obliges them to withdraw from areas they seized and surrender weapons taken from state institutions. President Hadi fled Yemen earlier this year, and his government is currently based in Saudi Arabia, which is leading a U.S.-backed coalition that has been striking the Iran-supported rebels from the air since March. (AP Photo/Hani Mohammed, File)
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Yemen's internationally recognized president will not participate in U.N.-brokered talks later this week with Shiite rebels who control the capital and much of the country's north, his office said Sunday.