Wreckage 'conclusively confirmed' as from MH370: Malaysia PM

August 5, 2015 7:34 PM

50 0

Debris found on an Indian Ocean island last week is from MH370, Malaysia's prime minister announced on Thursday, confirming for the first time that the plane which mysteriously disappeared 17 months ago had crashed.

"Today, 515 days since the plane disappeared, it is with a very heavy heart that I must tell you that an international team of experts has conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on Reunion Island is indeed from MH370," Prime Minister Najib Razak told reporters.

Also read: Malaysia says no decision yet on new offers to search for missing MH370

Read more

To category page

Loading...