Virginia teen who died suddenly had meningococcal meningitis, officials confirm

April 10, 2015 4:42 PM

2 0

Virginia teen who died suddenly had meningococcal meningitis, officials confirm

A Virginia teen who died suddenly Tuesday had meningococcal meiningits, an infection of the tissues that can be caused by viruses, bacteria or fungi, public health officials in Ashburn confirmed Friday.

Madison Small, 18, a student at Broad Run High School in Ashburn, and a senior team captain, appeared fine as she played catch Sunday night with her father, Tim, wusa9.com reported. But by Monday night, the teenager had become violently ill and was rushed to a local hospital. Small's coach, Ed Steel...

Read more

To category page

Loading...