by Vikas ShuklaNovember 18, 2014, 5:32 am

November 18, 2014 10:33 AM

13 0

Scientists believe that the Global Positioning System (GPS) could be used in directly detecting and measuring the elusive dark matter. GPS is widely used for navigation purposes. But two researchers have proposed a method to detect dark matter using GPS satellites and other atomic clock networks to compare time from the clocks and look for discrepancies.

Dark matter is a ubiquitous form of matter, which is believed to be responsible for the formation of galaxies. Until now, scientists have been able to explain only 5% of mass and energy in the universe, which is in the form of ordinary matter. The remaining 95% is still a mystery. There is evidence ...

Read more

To category page

Loading...