The United States and Russia said Friday that they have arranged a renewed cease-fire in two parts of Syria where fighting escalated this month, but the area does not include Aleppo, site of the heaviest attacks and dozens of civilian deaths in recent days.
Russia’s Defense Ministry said that a “regime of quiet” had been agreed to with the Syrian government in Latakia province, on the Mediterranean coast, to begin at midnight Saturday morning. A senior U.S. State Department official said the “recommitment” to a truce would also cover East Ghouta, on th...
11:41 North Carolina lawmakers say they’ve agreed on a deal to repeal the bathroom bill7
09:49 Russia criticizes US-led coalition over bombing of Syria dam17
21:51 The Latest: Oregon board approves deal on tribal mascots18
13:58 Gunman in Ukraine kills Putin foe in attack denounced as ‘state terrorism’26