Three Kansas patients die after eating tainted ice cream

March 14, 2015 1:00 AM

5 0

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (Reuters) - Three Kansas hospital patients have died and two have been sickened by listeriosis linked to single-serve Blue Bell Creameries ice cream products since last year, health officials said on Friday.

The five adults became ill from January 2014 to January of this year with one of four rare strains of Listeria monocytogenes bacteria while hospitalized with unrelated illnesses, Kansas health officials said in a news release.

Also read: PepsiCo Doubling Down on Health Push

Read more

To category page