Teen's Death Puts Focus on Caffeine Powder Dangers

July 19, 2014 5:46 AM

9 0

The sudden death of a healthy high school senior has ramped up attention on unregulated caffeine powder, leading federal health authorities to warn consumers to stay away from the substance.

A recent autopsy found that Logan Stiner, 18, had a lethal amount of caffeine in his system when he died May 27 at his home in LaGrange, Ohio, southwest of Cleveland. The county coroner said Stiner had more than 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter of blood in his system, as much as 23 times the...

Also read: Buzz Aldrin Gets a Visit From NASA While Recovering in New Zealand Hospital

Read more

To category page

Loading...