Sydney hostage-taker fell off terrorism watch list, obtained gun legally, says Australian prime minister

December 17, 2014 4:48 PM

5 0

Sydney hostage-taker fell off terrorism watch list, obtained gun legally, says Australian prime minister

Man Haron Monis — who held 17 people hostage during a 16-hour siege — had been on an Australian terror watch list before dropping off five years ago, revealed Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott.

Man Haron Monis, the self-styled sheik responsible for the deadly siege at a Sydney chocolate shop, was on the country’s national security watch list — but dropped off it five years ago, Australia’s prime minister admitted Wednesday.

Read more

To category page

Loading...