Sydney cafe attack: Hostage taker 'deeply disturbed individual' Australian PM says

December 16, 2014 5:00 AM

6 0

Abbot said at a press conference Tuesday that he does not believe Man Haron Monis was on any watch list, though he had been "well known to the Australian Federal Police."

The 50-year-old hostage taker, who was reportedly armed with a pump-action shotgun and a machete, stormed the Lindt Chocalat Cafe at the height of rush hour Monday morning, triggering a 16-hour standoff seen by much of the world on television.

Read more

To category page

Loading...