Swallowing tiny magnets severely damages boy's intestines

December 11, 2014 4:26 PM

2 0

Swallowing tiny magnets severely damages boy's intestines

A 10-year-old boy who swallowed 16 tiny magnets developed serious injuries that required extensive surgery, according to a new report that highlights the life-threatening dangers of magnets in children's toys.

Doctors in the United Kingdom who treated the boy for a stomachache found the pain was caused by pieces of a Magnicube puzzle he had ingested. The ball-shaped magnets were attracted to each other through the walls of his bowels, and so they had pulled different parts of his intestines together, caus...

Read more

To category page

Loading...