Severe Allergic Reaction to Peanut Butter Kills Student

November 29, 2014 4:44 PM

2 0

A 19-year-old Michigan college student, Chandler Swink, who was in a coma for a week with a severe allergic reaction to peanut butter died a day before Thanksgiving. Chandler Swink had been in St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital since Nov. 18 and died there Wednesday after being taken off life support, university officials said.

Swink brought himself to St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital on Nov. 18 after eating peanut butter cookies at a friend’s house. He immediately injected himself with an EpiPen, but before he even got to the emergency room, he lost consciousness in the parking lot and went into a coma.

Also read: White nationalist’s appearance at university draws hundreds of protesters

Read more

To category page

Loading...