Philippines FM says rejected China offer of conditional dialogue

July 19, 2016 12:55 AM

33 0

Philippines FM says rejected China offer of conditional dialogue

MANILA The foreign minister of the Philippines said on Tuesday he had turned down a proposal from his Chinese counterpart to start bilateral talks on their South China Sea dispute on the condition that last week's arbitration ruling not be discussed.

"(China's foreign minister) had asked us to open ourselves for bilateral negotiations but outside, or (in) disregard of, the arbitral ruling," Perfecto Yasay said in an interview with ABS-CBN news channel, referring to the ruling from the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague.

Read more

To category page

Loading...