Pharmacy error led to patient death, hospital confirms

December 9, 2014 12:53 PM

4 0

Pharmacy error led to patient death, hospital confirms

The death of a hospital patient who was given the wrong medication occurred because a pharmacy worker inadvertently filled an IV bag with the wrong drug, officials at an Oregon hospital say.

The mistake was one of several revealed Monday that led to the death of Loretta Macpherson, who had gone to the emergency room at St. Charles Medical Center in Bend.

Read more

To category page

Loading...