Oscars Producers Definitely Not Returning

March 27, 2015 4:05 AM

4 0

After hinting at their departure earlier this month, Oscars producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron told Deadline they're officially done with the awards show. The producers have finished out the end of a three-year contract with the Oscars, and have embarked on numerous other projects. "Frankly, before the Oscars this year were even broadcast, we were questioning whether or not, if we were ever asked, whether we wanted to do it again, and we had long talked about it, and also had casual discussions with [President] Cheryl [Boone Isaacs] and [CEO] Dawn [Hudson] about it way back when, and the past couple of years have been incredible, but at the same time, we've also put a lot of projects on hold, and they haven't been getting our full attention," Meron said.

Zadan and Meron will reportedly turn their attention to developing Broadway shows, a third live musical for TV (maybe The Music Man?), and a movie musical version of Pippin.

Also read: AT&T Discussed Idea of Takeover in Time Warner Meetings

Read more

To category page