North Korea conducted a test-launch of a ballistic missile from a submarine last month after a similar attempt was said to have failed in November, the Free Beacon reported, citing unidentified U.S. defense officials.
The launch was carried out Dec. 21 near the eastern port of Sinpo, the Washington-based website said. South Korea confirmed the test but said it appeared to have failed, Yonhap News reported, citing an unidentified South Korean military official.
05:25 Reports Say White House Asked FBI To Dispute Stories About Russia Ties10
01:30 Kim Jong-nam Was Killed by VX Nerve Agent, Malaysians Say16
22:34 Indonesia to raise prospect of joint patrols with Australia in South China Sea: report15
22:18 Trump says he wants to expand U.S. nuclear arsenal13