News Guide: Prince died of overdose, but questions linger

June 4, 2016 6:42 AM

21 0

News Guide: Prince died of overdose, but questions linger

Six weeks after Prince’s body was discovered in an elevator at his Paisley Park compound, a Minnesota medical examiner issued a one-page report Thursday that said Prince died from taking a fatal dose of fentanyl. The drug was “self-administered,” the coroner wrote, and the death was ruled an accident. The report confirmed suspicions that arose almost immediately after the 57-year-old performer died on April 21.

Though Prince’s death was considered accidental, a person who provided him with drugs improperly could still face serious legal trouble. Fentanyl is a synthetic painkiller far more powerful than heroin, and it is blamed for a surge of overdose deaths in some parts of the country. The drug has many l...

Also read: Alleged shooter in death of Joe McKnight released, not charged

Read more

To category page

Loading...