Back in June I wrote about possible reasons why New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd had a nightmarish experience with a marijuana-laced candy bar. She had legally purchased the edible while visiting Denver and, lacking instructions on the best way to consume it (i.e. not all at once), gobbled it down in her hotel room. The next several hours were a trip through paranoia hell.
Dowd can take some comfort in knowing that her travails weren’t suffered in vain. The very first public education campaign encouraging safe pot use has launched in Colorado, focused on keeping others from going down the same rabbit hole.