My AA Sponsee Died of an Overdose

September 3, 2014 10:31 PM

19 0

My AA Sponsee Died of an Overdose

My sister calls about three times a year. We've never been close. I figured she needed a place to crash her drunk ass after missing her train back to campus, again. I only answered because it was late and a tiny part of me was nervous that it might be serious.

She was sobbing hysterically on the phone, so the news came out in a high-pitched squeak: "Do you remember Kelly? She overdosed. She died. This morning. Her step-dad found her in her bed."

Read more

To category page

Loading...