Man Charged at Sydney Opera House With Threatening Property

September 9, 2016 8:21 AM

9 0

An 18-year-old man arrested outside the Sydney Opera House after allegedly telling security guards he was under instructions to carry out an attack by the Islamic State group was ordered by a court on Friday to undergo a psychiatric assessment.

Counterterrorism investigators charged the teen with threatening to destroy property after New South Wales police said the teen was stopped by guards outside the Opera House on Thursday. Police say the teen was carrying two canisters of automotive fluid and told the guards he had been instructed to ...

Also read: Man Sentenced to 30 Years for Trying to Aid Islamic State

Read more

To category page