DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's deputy foreign minister said he was optimistic that a ceasefire in the Yemen conflict would be announced later on Tuesday, the Iranian Tasnim news agency reported.
Iran has consistently called for a halt to Saudi-led air strikes in Yemen, but representatives of the coalition that Riyadh leads and Western states have so far rejected its proposals, accusing it of supporting the Houthi rebel group.
20:23 REPORT: National Security Council Aide Dismissed After His Criticisms of Trump25
20:00 Trump says ‘I inherited a mess,’ blasts media and detractors at combative news conference40
03:33 Jared Kushner’s family says it won’t buy Marlins if Jeffrey Loria becomes ambassador to France16
01:17 News conferences raise issue of Trump seeking softballs26