Girl, 9, dies from "brain-eating" amoeba infection

July 13, 2014 7:48 PM

7 0

Girl, 9, dies from "brain-eating" amoeba infection

JOHNSON COUNTY, Kan. - A 9-year-old Kansas girl is dead from a "brain-eating amoeba" after swimming in several area lakes near her home, state health officials say.

Hally Nicole Yust died Wednesday from primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) caused by Naegleria fowleri, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment has determined, according to CBS affiliate KCTV.

Also read: Live updates: Frantic fight to lower Lake Oroville water level before new storms hit

Read more

To category page

Loading...