First US Child to Die From Liquid Nicotine Poisoning

December 15, 2014 5:31 AM

3 0

A 1-year-old child from Fort Plain, New York, could be the first child that gets killed by liquid nicotine ingestion in the US. Police said that the child was found Tuesday unresponsive at his parents’ house and rushed to a nearby hospital where unfortunately doctors found he was dead.

Health officials are now concerned that other cases may occur since e-cigarettes, devices that turn liquid nicotine into vapors inhaled by smokers, are increasingly popular but do not come in child-resistant packages.

Read more

To category page

Loading...