First Child Dies From Liquid Nicotine Poisoning

December 13, 2014 4:41 AM

4 0

An upstate New York toddler is now the first child to die from poisoning by liquid nicotine from a vaping product. In a statement published Friday, The American Association of Poison Control Centers declared “One teaspoon of liquid nicotine could be lethal to a child, and smaller amounts can cause severe illness, often requiring trips to the emergency department. Despite the dangers these products pose to children, there are currently no standards set in place that require child-proof packaging.”

While this may be the first death—and there is a good chance it may not be the last—this is not the first issue of a child getting their hands on liquid nicotine or a vaping device.

Read more

To category page

Loading...