FDA Warns Consumers about Powdered Caffeine After Teen Dies

July 19, 2014 3:20 PM

21 0

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning about the potential dangers of consuming powdered caffeine. The agency was prompted to investigate powdered caffeine after a healthy teenager from Ohio died from eating the product.

According to the county coroner, 18-year-old Logan Stiner from LaGrange, OH died on May 27 after he ate powered caffeine. His autopsy revealed that he had ingested more than 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter in his blood, which is equivalent to 23 times higher than the amount that would be me...

Read more

To category page