Ex-Qaida man says Saudi royals funded group in 90s

February 4, 2015 10:40 PM

4 0

Ex-Qaida man says Saudi royals funded group in 90s

WASHINGTON: In highly unusual testimony inside the federal supermax prison, a former operative for al-Qaida has described prominent members of Saudi Arabia's royal family as major donors to the terrorist network in the late 1990s and claimed that he discussed a plan to shoot down Air Force One with a Stinger missile with a staff member at the Saudi embassy in Washington.

The Qaida member, Zacarias Moussaoui, wrote last year to Judge George B Daniels of the US district court for the southern district of New York, who is presiding over a lawsuit filed against Saudi Arabia by relatives of those killed in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Read more

To category page

Loading...