Disabled HIV virus used to treat common childhood leukemia

December 8, 2014 5:30 PM

3 0

Disabled HIV virus used to treat common childhood leukemia

Each year in the United States, an estimated 2,900 children and adolescents younger than 20 years old are diagnosed with the disease.

Two to three years of chemotherapy or radiation helps an estimated 85 percent of children with ALL, but these treatments are ineffective in the remaining 15 percent, Grupp said.

Read more

To category page

Loading...