Olivia Pope couldn't have handled it better herself. Leaving one of the hottest dramas on television can't be easy, but former Scandal star Columbus Short says he believes ABC made the right decision in letting him go. In an interview with Access Hollywood on Monday, July 7, the 31-year-old actor opened up about his recent legal and personal woes, which led to his exit from Shonda Rhimes' White House-based drama earlier this year.
"Let's talk about ABC and let's talk about the show Scandal. They did not throw me to the curb like trash -- that's my family," Short told Billy Bush. "They knew that I was going through a tough season and rallied around me."