BOGOTÁ, Colombia — President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia on Thursday extended a cease-fire with the country’s largest rebel group through the end of the year as he seeks to revive a peace accord to end five decades of war after voters rejected the deal in a referendum.
The original cease-fire, which was put in place in August, was nullified when the peace agreement was rejected this month. He had already extended it to Oct. 31.
02:55 Colombia’s congress approves historic peace deal with FARC rebels13
20:05 Headphone deal of the day: Klipsch Reference On-Ear Premium headphone for $309
11:32 Brexit: EU negotiator says 'time's short' for reaching deal12
09:13 Rouhani says Iran will not let Trump rip up nuclear deal13