College student killed by nut allergy

November 28, 2014 3:46 PM

13 0

College student killed by nut allergy

A 19-year-old college student in Michigan has died after accidentally coming into contact with peanut butter at a friend's apartment on Nov. 19. The Oakland Press reports that Chandler Swink was diagnosed at age two with the most severe level of nut allergy—level six.

Someone at the apartment had made peanut butter cookies, and Swink's mother says the Oakland University sophomore either ate food that had somehow touched the cookies or was touched by someone who had peanut butter residue on his hands.

Read more

To category page