The fire that killed seven siblings in their Midwood, Brooklyn, home on Saturday was most likely caused by a malfunctioning hot plate that was left on in their kitchen.
Hot plates are often kept on to heat food during the Sabbath, from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, as ultra-Orthodox Jewish people are prohibited from using fire or doing any type of work, including turning on appliances, during the holy day, The Associated Press reports. The fire that broke out...
18:13 Brooklyn man offers reward to recover $11G worth of jewelry stolen from new home13
09:18 Boy, 5, critically wounded after two pit bulls attacked him inside Brooklyn home: 'All of his left face was gone'32
02:21 Boy, 5, in critical condition after pit bull attack inside Brooklyn home: 'All of his left face was gone'21