Cameron announces response plan to beheading of British aid worker

September 15, 2014 9:11 AM

22 0

LONDON — After an emergency meeting Sunday with Britain’s top security and military officials to form a response to the beheading of a British aid worker by the Islamic State, Prime Minister David Cameron laid out a plan to support US military action in those two countries but made no commitment to a more vigorous military role.

“This is not about British combat troops on the ground,” Cameron said. “It is about working with others to extinguish this terrorist threat.” He said British Tornadoes and surveillance aircraft had been helping with logistics and intelligence-gathering in the region.

Also read: US: Ex-contractor committed ‘breathtaking’ theft of secrets

Read more

To category page