Afghan forces free 19 kidnapped de-miners: ministry

April 21, 2015 4:24 PM

3 0

The country's National Security Directorate said in a statement the Afghans, working for a U.S.-funded clearance program in Paktia province, had been seized by the Haqqani network, a Taliban-allied militant group.

It gave no details of the rescue operation. A separate statement by the Ministry of Interior said the de-miners were freed by Afghan forces following mediation by local elders.

Also read: American troop, 1 civilian killed in Afghan attack

Read more

To category page