Adams County man dies from hantavirus | Outbreak News Today

November 22, 2014 1:45 PM

2 0

An Adams County, Colorado man died from hantavirus, according to officials from the Tri-County Health Department. The man died on Nov. 15 from the potentially lethal virus and it is believed he contracted it while doing home plumbing repairs in a small space that had rodent droppings, or while working in a garage that had extensive rodent activity.

“This hantavirus contaminated dust may be found in a closed space such as a garage, cabin, barn, shed or any mouse-infested area,” according to Dr. John M. Douglas, Jr., Executive Director of Tri-County Health Department. “It is not transmitted person-to-person, and family pets or livestock are not ...

Also read: Saudi Arabia executes one of its princes over murder case

Read more

To category page