600 U.S. troops described chemical-weapons exposure

November 7, 2014 7:28 AM

7 0

Pentagon officials said the department would now expand its outreach to veterans and establish a toll-free hotline for reporting potential exposures and seeking evaluation or care, the paper said.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ordered an internal review of military records after the Times reported last month that U.S. troops encountered degraded chemical weapons from the 1980s that had been hidden or used in makeshift bombs. The initial report said 17 service members had been injured by sarin...

Also read: Report: AT&T to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion

Read more

To category page