4-Year-Old 'Super DJ' Passes Out Capes To Kids In The Hospital To Help Them Feel Brave

November 17, 2014 5:12 PM

5 0

4-Year-Old 'Super DJ' Passes Out Capes To Kids In The Hospital To Help Them Feel Brave

When 4-year-old DJ Pitts accidentally swallowed a harmful engine cleaner, he had to spend six months at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) and undergo about 20 surgeries to replace his esophagus and part of his stomach, the hospital website states. “It was rocky, but he always hung in there,” his mother Natoya Russ told CHOA.

While he was in the hospital, a special item helped lift DJ's spirits: a superhero cape. When the hospital's volunteer services department learned about the little boy's love of superheroes, they made him a customized cape that says "Super DJ."

Read more

To category page

Loading...