Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Australian Man Dared to Swallow a Slug Has Died After a Rare Eight-Year Illness

November 6, 2018 4:39 AM
131 0

A man in Sydney Australia who contracted a rare parasite known as rat lungworm from eating a slug has died.

Sam Ballard consumed the garden creature in a dare in 2010, Australia’s News.com.au reports. But the seemingly harmless prank devolved into tragedy after he contracted encephalitis and was plunged into a coma for 420 days. He emerged from the ordeal with significant brain injuries, but continued to ...

Read more

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0